April is full of fun and exciting events to keep you busy and entertained during your stay with us. Stay at 1896 O’Malley House Bed and Breakfast during the French Quarter Festival, happening April 11-14. This festival was originally created to bring locals back to the French Quarter after major street and sidewalk repairs in 1984. This festival has been drawing crowds for 30 years!
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the French Quarter Festival and other annual events provided by French Quarter Festivals, Inc. You won’t want to miss all of the exciting things planned for this year’s festival!
- · Find over 800 local musicians at this festival, the largest music festival in the South.
- · Check-out special events such as a French Quarter Film Festival and lectures with Louisiana Musicians.
- · Hang out with your kids in the kid-friendly zones and a great place for family fun.
- · Enjoy delicious offerings of over 65 New Orleans best restaurants.
- · April 13 don’t miss fireworks on the Mississippi River at 9 pm.
This festival is amazing, you won’t want to miss this local favorite!
If you enjoy the French Quarter Festival, then plan ahead to check out other events. Stay in our bed and breakfast for the Satchmo Summerfest from August 1-4, and for Christmas in New Orleans in December. All of these events are brought to you by French Quarter Festivals, Inc.